Clean Mobile Power Cohort
Accelerator Opportunity For Zero Emissions, Mobile Power Solutions
D3’s Clean Mobile Power Cohort! (Cohort 23-4)!
As a part of the Clean Mobile Power Initiative, we’ve launched a focused cohort comprised of ten companies with innovative technologies that have the potential to deliver cost-competitive, zero-emissions mobile power for the entertainment sector — providing alternatives to diesel generators.
- Capital Mobilization:
Access to an optional $100K convertible note through the Third Derivative program. Tailored investor introductions to industry-focused investors and inclusion on ecosystem dealflow to VC partners.
- Bespoke and Industry-Centric Mentorship:
Opportunities to work with entertainment industry experts to inform startups’ go-to-market strategy and technology configurations to align with industry needs.
- Piloting Opportunities:
Unparalleled access to leading production studios and equipment suppliers to test and pilot technologies.
Cohort Eligibility Criteria
To meet the necessary power, size, mobility, and safety requirements for the entertainment industry, the technology selection criteria were as follows:
- Ideally produce up to 140-220 kW of three-phase power on demand for up to 14 hours, with minimum requirements of 90 kW / 750 amps / 600 kWh and 120/208V for US and Canada*
- Be able to be towed by a Class 4 or 5 truck, or mounted on a vehicle*
- Be able to operate independently from a stationary fuel source or electricity supply*
- Be able to move frequently, including more than one time a day*
- Be safe and reliable, including meeting industry safety requirements for portable power distribution systems*
- Fit inside of a standard parking space (roughly 9’x18’)
- Preferred ability to provide DC fast charging for vehicles as well as site power needs
- Net carbon negative
- Be cost-competitive by 2030
Qualifying startups will have these features:
- For-profit company
- At least 2 full-time employee
- A working prototype/no basic science risk (about TRL 3 or 4)